If you transferred into CSUMB as an AA-T-certified student in History, you must complete the following courses for your bachelor's degree in Social and Behavioral Sciences with a concentration in Social History at CSUMB. If you are unsure about your transfer status, please talk to an advisor.
Download the CCC TMC for History
Complete ALL of the following courses:
- SBS 300: SBS Major ProSeminar: Theory
- SBS 300L: Professional Skills for the Social Sciences
- SBS 315: Growth and Conflict in the United States to 1920
- SBS 328: Social Science Theory Module
- SBS 362: Rsrch Mthd for SBS: Qual Emph
- SBS 362L: Rsrch Mthd SBS: Qual Emph Lab
- SBS 363: Historical Methods
- SBS 350: Domination and Resistance: US since 1880 (also fulfills American Institutions requirement)
- SBS 386: Social/Pol/Hist/CA
- SBS 400: Senior Capstone Seminar I
- SBS 402: Senior Capstone Seminar II
- SBS 405: Assessment Lab/Grad/Srs
- GS 342: Economic Thought: History and Contemporary Interpretations
- Any adviser-approved history-related UDSL/D4 course from GS, HCOM, or SBS
Students must also demonstrate second language proficiency through the 201 level. Read more about the Language Proficiency Requirement.
If additional coursework is necessary to reach 60 units, students may select the appropriate electives (5-9 units depending on language) to complete their degree.