Records & Registration ~ Grade Appeals

Grades assigned by instructors are to be considered final. However, if you believe that the final grade issued is based on instructor or clerical error, or prejudice or capriciousness, you may file a written appeal and offer evidence to support the claim.

Prior to filing a formal grade appeal, you must first make every effort to resolve the issue informally with the instructor, then follow the established processes for handling INFORMAL appeals at the department or college level.

You should contact the department or college for information regarding these processes.

If you wish to file a FORMAL grade appeal, information about the process is available by contacting the Office of the Provost or the Academic Senate Office.