Admissions ~ Transfer Requirements

If you have completed fewer than 60 transferable semester college units (fewer than 90 quarter units), you are considered a lower-division transfer student. If you have completed 60 or more transferable semester college units (90 or more quarter units), you are considered an upper-division transfer student. If you complete college units during high school or through the summer immediately following high school graduation, you are considered a first-time freshman and must meet those admission requirements.

Transferable courses are those designated for baccalaureate credit by the college or university offering the courses and accepted as such by the campus to which you seek admission..


Note: Adopted at the California State University system level and mandated for inclusion in all CSU campus catalogs , gray-colored text applies to  all 23 campuses in the system. Black text pertains uniquely to CSUMB.