Annual Cost of Attendence

The Cost of Attendance at CSUMB is listed below. These costs are based on average student expenses for the nine-month academic year. Please consult the Tuition and Fees section of the catalog for further detail

Cost Living with parents Living on campus Living off campus
Tuition $5,742 $5,742 $5,742
Books & supplies $1,386 $1,386 $1,386
Room & board $3,474 $9,152 $10,710
Misc. & personal $2,520 $2,520 $2,520
Transportation $1,152 $812 $2,280
Total $14,274 $19,612 $22,638

*Students who are not California residents pay an additional $396 per unit in tuition charges. Credential student tuition is $6,660 per academic year. Postbaccalaureate student tuition is $7,176. All fees are subject to change and approval by the state legislature.

Computer Allowance

The cost of education can be increased to reflect the cost of purchasing a computer. This is a one time only allowance.

Study Abroad

The cost of education may be adjusted to reflect expenses for approved programs for studying abroad. Check with the Financial Aid Office before enrolling.

Summer Session and Winter Session

Summer and Winter Session enrollment have separate registration costs. Your costs of education may be adjusted if you choose to enroll for these sessions.

Loan Fees

If your award letter offer includes a student loan, be aware than an average origination fee of 2.5% will be deducted from your student loan.

Costs of Education Charges

You must notify the Financial Aid Office if your living arrangements change since the completion of your FAFSA. Changes to your living arrangements may cause changes in your costs of education.

If you have additional costs (e.g. childcare or medical expenses not covered by insurance) and feel you need an adjustment in your award to reflect these expenses, you should contact the Campus Service Center.

Expected Family Contribution

Your student/parent contribution is based on a family contribution formula mandated by federal and state regulations. If you feel that you have unusual circumstances that affect your family's ability to contribute, you should contact the Financial Aid Office.